Saturday 8 June 2013

Have you ever tried the taste of poverty?

            The taste of poverty is an injustice which puts the human in humiliating and shortage, it is a barrier in front of many people's hopes and a well-known word.
When I was younger, I thought  that, when I asked my father to buy me an expensive toy and he answered he couldn't that means we are poor people; or when I saw my friends wearing  cloths  better than mine, I was thinking the same. But now, I realized what poverty means.
Let me tell you the story that started 4 years ago, when I decided to visit my new 16 years old friend, at her house, in Hebron. The house was small, old building from outside. She opened the door, after I had knocked. I remember that I have never seen her so confused as she felt that day.  She didn't want me to come in, but her mother invited me. My friend become angry and she start talking with her mother by hand signs. At that moment, I realized that her mother is deaf. The house was very small: one room, the bathroom and the kitchen. I had to bend a little because the ceiling was very down.  Their cloths were torn and too short for their body. She felt shy when she didn't know where to sit down… So, we sat down on the dusty floor.

Recently, we met again. I was surprised that she left school for two years already, because the poverty. But, the lack of money, bar the way for all her four brothers to continue their studies.  And, then, I asked myself: what would be if everyone start thinking of others and take a step to change a person life?  Sure this world will become better.
from Palestine,  M.S.A





2 comments:

  1. amazing words , this shows how alert you are , much love XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. every little action for good is very important; when we start care of others, we already start make a change in our world :) thank you !

      Delete